About gDonna
The photo is my son and myself. Now days you can get a photo made to look old like this one. This photo was taken when this was the new look.

Harry S Truman was president when I was born and world war II had ended. I grew up in a time when lunch was put in a brown paper bag and a sandwich was wrapped with wax paper. There was no such thing as pantyhose, we wore stockings that attached to the rubbery clippy things that attached to the girdle. Convenience stores were not common and when we took a trip we packed a picnic basket because many places did not have fast food. Highways had places to pull over and stop, some with picnic tables. Read more ....

Donna's Diary Posts

My Favorite Blog and Books
Recent Posts
Please log in or Create an account to post or reply to topics.
You will still receive notifications of replies to topics you are part of even if you do not subscribe to new topic emails.

Comments On Article: Hamburger Buns And More

1,656 posts (admin)
Mon Aug 15, 16 12:21 PM CST

If you would like to share your comments for article Hamburger buns and more, this is where to do it! 

Click the Reply To This Topic button below to post yours.

1,656 posts (admin)
Fri Sep 30, 22 10:40 PM CST

Maggie wrote

Oh, that sounds like the perfect recipe for soft hamburger buns. Thankyou for sharing.

I'm loving your blog Donna, the wonderful Rhonda Hetzel recommended you on one of her posts and I'm enthralled.

This comment was transferred from our old comments section.

1,656 posts (admin)
Fri Sep 30, 22 10:54 PM CST

Grandma Donna wrote

From Donna

Thank you Maggie, I am happy that you found me from Rhonda's Post :) I think that Rhonda is a very special lady with some very good information on her blog. We have similar interests and I think you do too since you are reading our blogs. :) I hope you feel at home.

This comment was transferred from our old comments section.

S
1 posts
Sat Feb 25, 23 6:17 PM CST

Thank you SO much for this hamburger bun recipe, Grandma Donna!!! I saw the picture awhile ago (I love your site) and was shocked at how soft they looked (homemade buns are often hard). I wanted to make hamburgers for dinner today, but didn't have buns. I remembered that picture, and looked up the recipe. My husband and I just ate our burgers for dinner, and  the buns were AMAZING! We agreed it was the delicious buns that took our usual cheeseburgers to another level. We will no longer be buying hamburg buns!!!  Is there guidance somewhere on the site on how to use the dough to make hot dog buns? I feel like I may need to make less than 8 hot dog buns with the dough. I feel like a hot dog bun would need more dough. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. : )

4 total messages
Please log in or Create an account to post or reply to topics.
I am receiving email notifications for this topic. Unsubscribe from this topic.
This post has been viewed 499 times

Loading more pages
Loading more pages

NEW! Join the mailing list to get email notifications when new articles are posted to our site.

Your information is safe with us and won't be shared.

Thank you for joining! 

IMPORTANT! 
You were sent an email to confirm your subscription to our mailing list.
Please click the link in that email to confirm or you won't be added.
If you have not received the email within a few minutes please check your spam folder. 

Loading More Photos
Scroll To Top
Close Window
Close