About gDonna
The photo is my son and myself. Now days you can get a photo made to look old like this one. This photo was taken when this was the new look.

Harry S Truman was president when I was born and world war II had ended. I grew up in a time when lunch was put in a brown paper bag and a sandwich was wrapped with wax paper. There was no such thing as pantyhose, we wore stockings that attached to the rubbery clippy things that attached to the girdle. Convenience stores were not common and when we took a trip we packed a picnic basket because many places did not have fast food. Highways had places to pull over and stop, some with picnic tables. Read more ....

Donna's Diary Posts

My Favorite Blog and Books
Recent Posts
Please log in or Create an account to post or reply to topics.
You will still receive notifications of replies to topics you are part of even if you do not subscribe to new topic emails.

Comments On Article: Peek Week Tuesday

1,655 posts (admin)
Tue Mar 14, 23 1:27 PM CST

If you would like to share your comments for article Peek Week Tuesday, this is where to do it! 

Click the Reply To This Topic button below to post yours.

R
12 posts
Tue Mar 14, 23 2:36 PM CST

House fires are awful. And yet I'm so thankful for one - you see years ago my husband lost his house to a fire. He was living with a coworker of mine at the time and their house burned due to faulty wiring. Nobody was home at the time as it happened during the day.  A friend of mine and I went out to the site of the fire the night it happened to see if we could be of any help and that's when I met the man I would eventually marry. My boss held a benefit party for both of the them and we talked that night and have been together ever since - about 34 years ago now. They lost everything in that fire. Nothing was salvagable. I love that you still have your bedroom furniture and that picture. I can't begin to imagine what it was like to crawl out of that house with your grandmother and brother. God was definitely looking out for you and your family that night! I think he knew exactly how many people's lives you would bless some day!

D
21 posts
Tue Mar 14, 23 7:26 PM CST

I really love the dark wood with the new paint color. It's very pretty. I think it looks great with the newly stained floor, too.

We have talked about fires before, mine and yours. The trauma can affect a person for many years to come. As for the picture of Jesus, that was a gift from God, in my opinion, to remind you that He is always with you. But let me know what God says when you ask him.  ;-)

4 posts
Wed Mar 15, 23 6:11 AM CST

Thank God for passing strangers that night! And I've heard of Bibles not burning in house fires. What an amazing God we have. I love that you have kept all of your old furniture. We never appreciate those things until we're older and wish we still had them. 

Milliescozycottagelife.blogspot.com
D
21 posts
Wed Mar 15, 23 7:36 PM CST

Oh, I wanted to add that since you are changing the furniture around, and going through all the drawers,  when you are done you will have Spring cleaned AND decluttered the bedrooms! Hooray for you! You can recover from your surgery by relaxing since you will have so much done already.  I am cleaning out a storage shed. I'm walking like the "crooked old lady" in the old rhymes.  ;-)    But seeing so much stuff gone through and gotten rid of, makes it all worthwhile.

D
15 posts
Sat Mar 18, 23 7:41 AM CST

wow,  thank you for sharing the story of the house fire.  How miraculous the Lord had a stranger awaken the family and leave you that reminder He is always watching over you.  What a precious story!

15 posts
Sat Mar 18, 23 5:34 PM CST

What a truly amazing story of your life. Thank you for sharing it with us. God truly protects us.

The LORD bless you!
Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage
http://harvestlanecottage.com
B
7 posts
Mon Mar 27, 23 3:56 PM CST

Wow!  That's pretty amazing how the smoke left its mark so.  House fires have always been one of my fears--going back to when they haunted my childhood dreams!   

A
97 posts
Wed Apr 05, 23 4:01 PM CST

I'm so thankful that you and the rest of the family were able to escape such a horrible thing. It's always amazing things that are gifts from God survive. It's amazing the stories people have from Bibles to photos and all sorts of things. I once heard about a tornado destroying a home and they found in that town not only Bible's in the church untouched, but one house had a pound cake in the glassware sitting on the countertop. The entire home had nothing but one wall left standing and on that countertop was the pound cake. It's amazing things that survive and things that don't. There was a lady up the street from us whose home burned 3 times!!! Once was a fireplace and 2 electrical if I remember correctly. Two of them were in the same night and I guess it was smoldering up in the attic. Many people in the town said that the land it was built on was haunted. I'd believe it because even walking by the house before all those things it just gave you goosebumps. I remember this photo on the news out of Utah when a tabernacle had burned. The whole building was gutted and they found this inside. Truly amazing. Scorched portrait of Christ saved from Tabernacle | News ...

9 total messages
Please log in or Create an account to post or reply to topics.
Loading more pages
Loading more pages

NEW! Join the mailing list to get email notifications when new articles are posted to our site.

Your information is safe with us and won't be shared.

Thank you for joining! 

IMPORTANT! 
You were sent an email to confirm your subscription to our mailing list.
Please click the link in that email to confirm or you won't be added.
If you have not received the email within a few minutes please check your spam folder. 

Loading More Photos
Scroll To Top
Close Window
Close