About gDonna
The photo is my son and myself. Now days you can get a photo made to look old like this one. This photo was taken when this was the new look.

Harry S Truman was president when I was born and world war II had ended. I grew up in a time when lunch was put in a brown paper bag and a sandwich was wrapped with wax paper. There was no such thing as pantyhose, we wore stockings that attached to the rubbery clippy things that attached to the girdle. Convenience stores were not common and when we took a trip we packed a picnic basket because many places did not have fast food. Highways had places to pull over and stop, some with picnic tables. Read more ....

Donna's Diary Posts

My Favorite Blog and Books
Recent Posts
Please log in or Create an account to post or reply to topics.
You will still receive notifications of replies to topics you are part of even if you do not subscribe to new topic emails.

Comments On Article: Diary Readings November 12-18, 1943

1,653 posts (admin)
Thu Nov 10, 22 1:15 AM CST

If you would like to share your comments for article Diary Readings November 12-18, 1943, this is where to do it! 

Click the Reply To This Topic button below to post yours.

1,653 posts (admin)
Thu Nov 10, 22 2:57 PM CST

C. N. wrote

Seeing a post from you makes my Thursdays. I especially love reading the Lena's diary entries--I really enjoy all the details she puts in. I'll sure miss reading her entries next year.

Thank you for all the effort you put into transcribing them. I also appreciate seeing newspaper articles from the era.

This comment was transferred from our old comments section.

1,653 posts (admin)
Thu Nov 10, 22 3:05 PM CST

Grandma Donna wrote

Hi C.N., I enjoy Lena's diary too and I am happy that you are enjoying them. I do "not" have another diary of Lena's but I will post some facts that I have from some research of Lena's life and share an ending of some kind. I have decided that I will most likely start posting a new diary starting the new year so we can continue taking a peek into the past through our diaries. I hope that will keep your Thursdays happy. :)

1,653 posts (admin)
Thu Nov 10, 22 11:02 PM CST

Mrs. Laura Lane of Harvest Lane Cottage wrote

The things that the ladies include in their diaries sometimes puzzle me a bit, but I love the hominess of it, the calmness of their routines. I do wish I could find some good routines that work for me.
Blessings,
Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

1,653 posts (admin)
Fri Nov 11, 22 6:14 AM CST

Grandma Donna wrote

Laura, I agree sometimes it is puzzling, these diaries give us a rare and personal glimpse into their homes and neighborhoods. I feel that the diary of Sarah gives us the best look into the past so far and I plan to continue this diary starting January. :)

5 total messages
Please log in or Create an account to post or reply to topics.
Loading more pages
Loading more pages

NEW! Join the mailing list to get email notifications when new articles are posted to our site.

Your information is safe with us and won't be shared.

Thank you for joining! 

IMPORTANT! 
You were sent an email to confirm your subscription to our mailing list.
Please click the link in that email to confirm or you won't be added.
If you have not received the email within a few minutes please check your spam folder. 

Loading More Photos
Scroll To Top
Close Window
Close