About gDonna
The photo is my son and myself. Now days you can get a photo made to look old like this one. This photo was taken when this was the new look.

Harry S Truman was president when I was born and world war II had ended. I grew up in a time when lunch was put in a brown paper bag and a sandwich was wrapped with wax paper. There was no such thing as pantyhose, we wore stockings that attached to the rubbery clippy things that attached to the girdle. Convenience stores were not common and when we took a trip we packed a picnic basket because many places did not have fast food. Highways had places to pull over and stop, some with picnic tables. Read more ....

Donna's Diary Posts

My Favorite Blog and Books
Recent Posts
Please log in or Create an account to post or reply to topics.
You will still receive notifications of replies to topics you are part of even if you do not subscribe to new topic emails.

Comments On Article: Crossing The Line

1,655 posts (admin)
Fri Aug 26, 22 9:17 AM CST

If you would like to share your comments for article Crossing the line, this is where to do it! 

Click the Reply To This Topic button below to post yours.

1,655 posts (admin)
Sun Sep 04, 22 6:18 AM CST

Gwen Gardner aka Shogs KRS on Facebook wrote

Thank you for your posts and the WHOLE blog! Someone on Reddit suggested your site. I'm looking forward to reading the whole thing. I appreciate knowledge about simple, old fashioned living. Thank you again.

This comment was transferred from our old comments section.

1,655 posts (admin)
Mon Sep 05, 22 12:04 PM CST

Marsha wrote

Donna, thank you again for another encouraging and inspiring post. I've read it several times and have bookmarked it, as well. I've stepped over that imaginary line as you suggested and am determined to make the most of my life in the time that I have left. Life is far too short to waste another moment focusing on past failures, or living with unforgiveness and regret.

1,655 posts (admin)
Mon Sep 05, 22 2:01 PM CST

Grandma Donna wrote

Thank you Gwen and Marsha for your lovely comments and for being part of this new comment section. I read every email because it comes directly to me when the form is sent. Once I have read it I click a button and it is posted. So if there is a delay I might be in the garden or cooking a meal or if it is nighttime and I am sleeping I will see it the following day. I am happy we have this new comment section. :)

1,655 posts (admin)
Sat Sep 10, 22 4:13 PM CST

Pam Tamkin wrote

Hello Grandma Donna,
I am so happy to see this comment section.
I am have wanting to tell you for a long time that I so enjoy your blog and am inspired by your words.
This post particularly resonated with me and I am bookmarking it to refer back to.
Thank you for your words of encouragement and inspiration. Much needed in today's world.
Please do keep on writing and sharing your life and invaluable knowledge with us.
Thank you again.
Pam in Texas. x

1,655 posts (admin)
Tue Oct 25, 22 2:24 PM CST

Jennifer wrote

Thank you, Grandma Donna…though I know these things, it can be hard to stay focused when there’s nobody behind to rally us on. God used you today to rally us, to be our coach and cheerleader in staying true to the path of wise and debt free living.
Bless you, from one grandma to another. ????

1,655 posts (admin)
Tue Oct 25, 22 3:41 PM CST

Grandma Donna wrote

Hi Jennifer, I try to keep things real here on my blog, some things are tough to do and to this day I have never found a magic button. :) Yes, I am a Grandmother and Great Grandmother.

7 total messages
Please log in or Create an account to post or reply to topics.
Loading more pages
Loading more pages

NEW! Join the mailing list to get email notifications when new articles are posted to our site.

Your information is safe with us and won't be shared.

Thank you for joining! 

IMPORTANT! 
You were sent an email to confirm your subscription to our mailing list.
Please click the link in that email to confirm or you won't be added.
If you have not received the email within a few minutes please check your spam folder. 

Loading More Photos
Scroll To Top
Close Window
Close