About gDonna
The photo is my son and myself. Now days you can get a photo made to look old like this one. This photo was taken when this was the new look.

Harry S Truman was president when I was born and world war II had ended. I grew up in a time when lunch was put in a brown paper bag and a sandwich was wrapped with wax paper. There was no such thing as pantyhose, we wore stockings that attached to the rubbery clippy things that attached to the girdle. Convenience stores were not common and when we took a trip we packed a picnic basket because many places did not have fast food. Highways had places to pull over and stop, some with picnic tables. Read more ....

Donna's Diary Posts

My Favorite Blog and Books
Recent Posts
Please log in or Create an account to post or reply to topics.
You will still receive notifications of replies to topics you are part of even if you do not subscribe to new topic emails.

Crochet

G
269 posts (admin)
Sat Jan 07, 23 10:19 AM CST

This room is all about crochet talk, patterns and any kind of chat about Crochet

K
40 posts
Wed Feb 08, 23 5:23 AM CST

I'm normally a knitter but am trying to improve my crochet skills. Crochet makes lovely afghans and baby blankets and moves along much quicker than knitting the same blanket. I am also working through my yarn stash so blanket making is a help! This is a baby blanket, modeled by Wally, finished yesterday. He promptly fell asleep on it so apparently it's nap worthy.

The pattern is a granny ripple and I used a worsted weight yarn.

Attached Photos

G
269 posts (admin)
Wed Feb 08, 23 12:34 PM CST

Grandma Donna wrote, Kathryn P, this is a lovely afghan, it looks like you might have to start another one just like it for Wally.  Or second thought keep this one since I just noticed that it matches your rug.  Thank you for sharing the name of the pattern, "granny ripple".  I mostly knit too but have been looking at some new crochet projects.  Crochet does move along faster.  Thank you for sharing.  :)

S
17 posts
Thu Feb 16, 23 9:03 AM CST
Kathryn P wrote:

I'm normally a knitter but am trying to improve my crochet skills. Crochet makes lovely afghans and baby blankets and moves along much quicker than knitting the same blanket. I am also working through my yarn stash so blanket making is a help! This is a baby blanket, modeled by Wally, finished yesterday. He promptly fell asleep on it so apparently it's nap worthy.

The pattern is a granny ripple and I used a worsted weight yarn.

I love your blanket and Wally is adorable!! Like you I am trying to use up my yarn stash and am primarily a knitter. I think using what we have to make something beautiful goes hand in hand with living a life in the Great Depression. I hope you share more of your projects. I am working on a knitted blanket with crochet edging right now. I hope to finish soon. Thank you for sharing!

Sheri
K
40 posts
Mon Feb 20, 23 5:40 AM CST

Sheri R - thank you for your kind words.  Wally is a sweetie and true to pug form, loves to clown around! 

I agree with you - using what we have, making something special and from the heart are all part of a frugal lifestyle.  In addition, handmade items are keepsakes whereas store bought items tend to be easily discardable. 

Please post your project. Your blanket sounds beautiful!

S
17 posts
Mon Feb 20, 23 11:24 AM CST
Kathryn P wrote:

Sheri R - thank you for your kind words.  Wally is a sweetie and true to pug form, loves to clown around! 

I agree with you - using what we have, making something special and from the heart are all part of a frugal lifestyle.  In addition, handmade items are keepsakes whereas store bought items tend to be easily discardable. 

Please post your project. Your blanket sounds beautiful!

Here is the blanket that I just finished.I’m not sure if it belongs on this feed as most of it is knit.  Using my stash I just  garter stitched the blanket with a fade and a cream sock yarn I had a lot of. I  then did a double crochet with bobbles and slip stitches around the border. 
I would love to see what others are creating

Sheri
S
17 posts
Mon Feb 20, 23 11:25 AM CST

Here the picture I forgot to ad

Attached Photos

Sheri
K
40 posts
Mon Feb 20, 23 12:16 PM CST

Oh my! This is just beautiful and it looks so warm! I love the edge and the bobbles. What a fun touch

S
17 posts
Tue Feb 21, 23 7:35 AM CST
Kathryn P wrote:

Oh my! This is just beautiful and it looks so warm! I love the edge and the bobbles. What a fun touch

Thank you Katheryn :) I hope you and others share more beautiful yarn creations. 

Sheri
K
48 posts
Sun Mar 12, 23 3:44 PM CST
Sheri R wrote:

Here the picture I forgot to ad

That is BEAUTIFUL!!!

I’m usually a knitter but recently made some lacy gloves for a concert I’m going to ( the fandom colour is neon green so that’s what I used for the gloves). I made so many mistakes and had to rip back several rows more than once but they ended up looking ok. I’m going to add beads and sequins to them and I’m actually going to make a second pair but in a pastel colour for spring.

Attached Photos

G
269 posts (admin)
Sun Mar 12, 23 8:20 PM CST

Grandma Donna wrote, What beautiful pieces you are sharing here in this thread.  Oh I hope we get more pictures of what everyone is doing.  I have unpretty pictures right now with playing in the dirt and sanding floors but now I have motivation to finish so I can get my yarn and threads out and start making some things here.

K
40 posts
Mon Mar 13, 23 4:23 AM CST

Kasia, your fingerless mitts are so pretty! I love that you made them in the fandom color - how fun is that??

12 total messages
Topic Closed.
This post has been viewed 601 times

Loading more pages
Loading more pages

NEW! Join the mailing list to get email notifications when new articles are posted to our site.

Your information is safe with us and won't be shared.

Thank you for joining! 

IMPORTANT! 
You were sent an email to confirm your subscription to our mailing list.
Please click the link in that email to confirm or you won't be added.
If you have not received the email within a few minutes please check your spam folder. 

Loading More Photos
Scroll To Top
Close Window
Close